FMCSA: Ag haulers get 90-day delay on ELD use

Truckers hauling livestock and other agriculture products will have 90 extra days to comply with the DOT’s electronic logging device mandate, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) announced Monday. FMCSA will soon publish a public notice in the Federal Register announcing the compliance extension, as well as a notice…

Weight Regulations

The Federal Bridge Gross Weight Formula (also known as Bridge Formula B and the Federal Bridge Formula) is a mathematical formula in use in the United States by truck drivers and Department of Transportation (DOT) officials to determine the appropriate maximum gross weight for a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) based…

DOT Logs Regulation

The FMCSA is a division of the United States Department of Transportation (DOT), which is generally responsible for enforcement of FMCSA regulations. The Department of Transportation has many explicit laws for logging when you are a commercial driver. Logging is the term drivers use to describe their time record entries…

Getting a Motor Carrier Number

If your company transports passengers or goods, you may need a USDOT number. USDOT numbers uniquely identify your business and allow the USDOT to track safety records and ensure that you are adhering to all operating requirements. You can get your motor carrier number online for free from the Federal…

The Motor Carrier Number

A motor carrier number is a license issued to for-hire carriers by the United States Department of Transportation. Motor carrier numbers are administered by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and are commonly referred to as USDOT numbers. Uses • A motor carrier number is a unique identifier for a…

One Last Chance!

GET A Free Audio Guide!


Purchase Required