*** Must Have Prior Freight Broker Agent Experience ***
Freight Broker Agents work to identify, engage and close new business opportunities with prospective customers in an inside sales capacity. New business will be primarily domestic local, regional or over the road (OTR) trucking.
The Broker Agent should have experience in a business development capacity through inside sales activities such as cold calling of prospects. Research of sales prospects, use of sales strategies and methodologies, a high volume of sales activity and the ability to close a sale are essential for success in this position.
- You have minimum of one-year experience as a broker/transportation solutions provider (or similar) with an established customer base.
- You possess an entrepreneurial mindset who desires full range support for building your book of business and maximizing your potential.
- You provide excellent customer service and are an effective communicator who is easily accessible.
- You excel at and enjoy managing relationships with customers.
- You are savvy at negotiating rates based on market conditions.
- You are a naturally motivated and skilled sales person who is driven to build your book by acquiring new customers and carriers daily.
- You are a creative thinker who enjoys a competitive, team-based atmosphere.
- You are a strong multi-tasker who is adept at navigating multiple computer systems.
- You have experience using CRM and TMS systems.
- You must be able to work full-time Monday through Friday.
- You are driven by a high moral and ethical compass.
- Development of new business revenue is the key responsibility of a Sales Representative. Successful results require solicitation and relationship development with potential new customers. Achievement of sales goals (gross margin and new account acquisition) are the key metrics by which performance will be evaluated.
- Document all sales activity performed in our internal Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool for ongoing evaluation of the new business pipeline and measurement of sales closure results.
- Covering freight & negotiating with carriers as needed
- Prospect new customers through various channels, including phone, email, etc.
- Participate in some face-to-face meetings and/or Zoom calls for discovery, present proposals, offer solutions, and close business.
$50,000 – $75,000 a year