GlobalTranz, a division of Worldwide Express, is a technology-driven freight brokerage company specializing in LTL, full truckload, third-party logistics and expedited shipping services. GlobalTranz is leading the market in innovative logistics technology that optimizes the efficiency of freight movement and matches shipper demand and carrier capacity in near real-time. Leveraging its extensive freight agent network, GlobalTranz has emerged as a fast-growing market leader with a customer base of over 25,000 shippers.
This is a hybrid role based out of our Minneapolis, MN office. Candidates will be required to train onsite and then move to a hybrid work environment.
The Carrier Sales Representative develops and manages carrier portfolios to drive company revenue by providing outstanding customer service. This role combines sales, account management, supply chain planning, and operational activities to meet the shipping needs of our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of changing market conditions
- Establish new and grow existing carrier relationships to expand future capacity opportunities
- Develop positive relationships with trucking company key contacts (i.e., owner operators, dispatchers, and drivers)
- Identify issues and partner with internal and external parties to implement the best solutions
- Negotiate rates to maximize profits and develop long-term solutions while providing the best carrier from a safety and integrity for the company
- Strategically match, negotiate, and book available equipment with available freight
- Maintain constant contact with carriers to secure additional truck capacity and manage existing business agreements
- Follow customer SOPs during the booking and dispatching process
- Identify issues and work cross-functionally to determine and implement the best solution
- Provide exceptional service to internal and external partners
- Leverage various logistic technology to make informed decisions, negotiate price, drive automation, and improve efficiency
- Provide price options on all loads at least 24 hours prior to pickup
- Ensure accuracy of records relating to destination, weight, and charges on all incoming and outgoing shipments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to persuade, motivate, influence, and negotiate with others
- Remain positive and flexible in an ever-changing environment with shifting priorities
- Microsoft Office Suite skills required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Familiarity with freight and shipping industry terminology, concepts, and practices preferred
- Flexibility to work afterhours, weekend, and/or holidays as needed
- High School diploma
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 0-2 years of sales or logistics/supply-chain experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work Environment: Job is typically performed in a general office environment.
GlobalTranz is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
$42,000 a year