"Apollo Freight will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring"
The Air Freight & Logistics Agent will coordinate air freight product shipments ensuring that service commitments are achieved and maintained in accordance with client requirements and company objectives. Serves as liaison among customers, vendors, warehouse and government agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate air freight product operation from A to Z.
- Create packing list, invoice, certificate of origin, phytosanitary certificate, and AWB
- Coordinate space plan
- Track shipments until arrival to destination
- Communicate with customers for shipping instructions
- Communicate with local county agriculture
- Communicate with CBP Agriculture
- Coordinate deliveries
- Provide warehouse with order information
- Input data, file and process documentation.
- Assist and maintain service relations with clients and other offices
- Provide quality customer service to all vendors, shippers and agents in order to facilitate the required objectives and provide customers with daily updates.
- Responsible to ensure product operations are compliant to internal policies and external government regulations.
- Demonstrate diligence required to maintain security under Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and United States Customs / Border Protection (USCBP) and USDA requirements. You will challenge any and all persons entering the HPL –Apollo warehouse Designated Screening Area (DSA) unauthorized and unescorted.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Preferably – Associate’s degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school; or two to three years related experience in brokerage and custom compliance; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or overseas agents.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Must have a proficient understanding of English – spoken and written
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic accounting.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES
- Strong communication and organizational skills, strong attention to details, ability to work effectively under pressure, ability to solve logistical problems as necessary.
- Team player within company.
- Multitask oriented and able to work in a fast environment.
- Professional and courteous phone manner.
- Proficient in world geography, export documentation, and Incoterms.
- Basic keyboarding skills.
- Microsoft outlook, Microsoft Office and Internet.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to stand and walk.
- Regularly required to sit, use hands, handle, or feel, and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to reach with hand and arms.
- Will be required to work in cold storage areas for short stints.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
$17 – $23 an hour