Do you want to become a licensed freight broker and you want to know the requirement? If YES, here are 7 steps to become a truck broker with no experience.
What is the Average Salary or Income of a Truck Broker?
The amount of money you will earn as a freight broker differs from person to person depending on their situation.
Freight brokers who are managing their own freight business have a vaster earning potential when compared to their employee counterparts. A self-employed freight broker can generate a yearly income in the six figure range ($100,000 plus).
7 Steps to Become a Licensed Freight Broker With No Experience
- Also, a business plan is quite important if you want to seek for startup funds from lenders such as banks.
- Many freight brokers today have been truckers or agents that have worked for other brokerages in the past. If you can get the hands-on experience, then you should go for it.
- These programs are however not accredited and so it is difficult to gauge the potential quality they can give you.
- The main types of business forms that are available are Sole Proprietorship, Corporation, and a Limited Liability Company (LLC).
- Next, you will have to apply for an Employer identification number.
- One of the ways newbies can network with carriers is to join the Transportation Intermediaries Association (TIA).
Apply for a USDOT number: registering with the Department of Transportation is the first step to getting a license.