Website Burns & Wilcox
*This position is open to multiple locations across the U.S.*
- Build agent and broker relationships, find sources, and be creative in placing risks and identifying product opportunities
- Build and maintain a flow of new business opportunities, identifying opportunities for growth within new and existing production sources
- Assist in the implementation of production strategy for the transportation practice group lines for the branch offices
- Seek opportunities to access and cultivate new brokerage markets and products for transportation coverages
- Provide excellent service to your clients by delivering timely and accurate quotes and endorsements
- Consistently achieve budgeted financial results (premium, retention, commissions, pricing, new business, premium collection, and expense management) as established for individual portfolios
- Monitor key metrics, such as, new business hit ratio, renewal retention ratio, premium growth, and loss ratio, formulating corrective action where necessary
- Proven history of building sustainable books of fleet business with main stream transportation specialty carriers
- Significant drive and desire to build your own book but to also work within a collaborative environment for the overall success of the transportation practice group
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of transportation experience preferred
- Strong sales and marketing skills a must, business acumen, interest in continued education and professional development
- Competitive base compensation & sales incentive bonus plan
- Flexible, hybrid, and remote work options
- Health benefits & 401K with employer match
- Employer paid continuing education courses and designations
- Many opportunities for career advancement
This is an outstanding opportunity for experienced candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit, drive for career advancement and desire to develop relationships while growing a book of business.
About Our Company:
Burns & Wilcox is the nation’s largest independent wholesale insurance broker and underwriting manager. In 1969, the late Herbert W. Kaufman recognized an opportunity to fill a void in the industry by establishing Burns & Wilcox as a wholesale brokerage and underwriting organization that would provide brokers and agents with unique access to a variety of insurance markets and help place their specialty risks. Today under the leadership of Mr. Kaufman’s son, Alan Jay Kaufman, that entrepreneurial spirit is thriving as Burns & Wilcox offers comprehensive solutions for retail insurance agents of all sizes, from the large alphabet houses to the more than 30,000 brokers and agent partners worldwide.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The H.W. Kaufman Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status or condition protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.