Website Sterling Transportation
Job Title: Operations Agent
Reports to: Operations Supervisor
Job Status (FLSA): Non-Exempt – Full Time
The purpose of this position is to ship product to customers by scheduling pickups and verifying jobs that are ready to ship. The Operations Agent will work closely with the company’s customs brokers, warehouse staff, shipping companies and clients. As well as assisting with shipping, receiving and transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming phone calls, e-mails, and respond to customer’s requests.
- Taking bookings from customers.
- Track shipments and communicate with clients about the shipment’s progress.
- Follow-up on west bound transfers.
- Schedule pick-ups and deliveries.
- Update shipments in Trans Soft.
- Review the Work Day file for outstanding pickups.
- Cultivate a positive and enduring relationship with Customers and Vendors.
- Must be able to work in a very fast pace environment.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic computer knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook)
- 10-key by touch.
- Accurate data entry skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of import and export documents
- Bilingual – Spanish/English preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience in the transportation industry.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday
- What is your desired hourly rate?
- Transportation: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.