Website Gateway Auto Transport Network Inc
A Freight Broker serves as a liaison between shippers and carriers to secure transportation of goods. Freight brokers do marketing to attract new customers, pair customers with freight carriers, book orders and line carriers up for loading
A freight broker is someone who assists shippers with freight ready to haul by finding carriers who are qualified to haul the load. … Freight brokers can run their own business or work for a freight broker company. They are responsible for arranging the transportation and tracking of a load hauled by a freight carrier
Freight Broker Responsibilities:
- Generating leads and attracting new prospects, and developing a sales pipeline.
- Identifying and selecting reputable and safe carriers for freight services.
- Providing customers with shipping quotes.
- Booking orders with carriers.
- Assisting to prepare carriers for loads.
- Tracking status of loads.
- Collaborating with shippers, carriers and dispatchers to manage scheduled collections and drop-offs.
- Keeping accurate records of relevant activities.
- Updating customers on status of shipments, and assisting with other inquiries.
- Maintaining current knowledge of market trends in transportation marketplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $250.00 – $1,100.00 per week
- Monday to Friday
- Logistics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Team Lead
- Ops Manager
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.