Website Dogwood Services
Dogwood Management Partners, LLC
Independent Freight Broker Agent
Dogwood Management Partners is an 18-year old staffing and outsourcing firm with a stellar track record of recruiting and placing highly skilled people for our clients. (Our largest client is IBM.) We have our own team of experienced recruiters, excellent internal processes, strong financial strength and a great leadership team– even though we’re a company of 50 people. We have one of the highest employee retention rates in the industry— more on that below.
We represent multiple clients across the USA, and offer our candidates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our clients’ teams. Come grow with us!
Our Clients have immediate job openings for motivated, professional individuals with freight sales experience who are eager to manage their own book of business and have the ability to grow a diverse customer base. Using a positive, friendly attitude, our Independent Freight Broker Agents build relationships with each customer and become familiar with their operations to meet needs and expectations. Your main target and daily goal are to consistently reach out to prospective and existing accounts and continually build relationships with your customers.
As an independent agent, you will be working remotely from your home-based office and will have access to the provided loader board software & more.
Our Freight Agents have the freedom to be their own boss receiving a high percentage split. This is a 1099 (independent contractor) position. 100% Commission. Very competitive commission splits.
$100,000 – $250,000 a year
(Up to $400,000 a year)
- Experience in freight brokering or freight sales
- Outstanding problem-solving and people skills
- Must be driven, enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet sales targets
- Office with a laptop, high-speed internet, phone, and printer with the ability to copy and scan documents
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous commission/compensation package
- Potential leads
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Work remotely
- Flexible schedule
- Commissions are paid weekly
- Auto-posting to load boards (DAT)
- Advanced technology with digital signing
- This is a 1099 (independent contractor) position.
· Perform freight services according to company and government regulations.
· Plan and coordinate pick-up and delivery schedules.
· Work with Shippers, Carriers and Dispatchers to manage the schedules.
· Track and report shipment status to customers.
· Manage multiple deliveries, process spot requests and develop new sales strategies to improve business
· Resolve freight discrepancies in a timely manner.
· Respond to customer concerns and queries professionally.
· Maintain positive and productive relationship with customers.
· Identify and contact qualified carriers for freight services.
· Negotiate contract and pricing agreements with carriers.
· Provide special discounts and promotions to customers.
· Contact current and potential customers for new business opportunities.
· Maintain strong relationship with multiple carriers.
· Ensure that freight paperwork are completed and approved before transportation.
· Maintain freight files and customer receipts for reference purposes.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States as well as pass a basic screening.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Please send your resume describing your past successes to Richard Brown. All resumes and cover letters will be personally reviewed for accuracy.
Job Type: Commission
Pay: $100,000.00 – $250,000.00 per year
- Freight Brokering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.