Website Freight Solutions Consulting Ltd
My client is established as a Vessel Operating Common Carrier (VOCC) with its own ships and container fleet serving mostly freight forwarders, customs brokers consolidators and beneficiary cargo owners (BCOs) through Latin America and Caribbean countries.
General Purpose of the Position:
The Documentation Coordinator is responsible for assisting and follow up with customers regarding their bookings, cargo, documentation, and communicate with customers in a timely manner. Acts as a liaison between sales representative and customers. Assists with bookings, follows-up on customer complaints, traces cargo, releases documents on southbound/inter-island shipments and responds in a timely manner to customer inquiries. Conducts research as needed, follows up and maintains current customer accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordination of bookings, documentation, cargo tracing, and any other inquiries from customers.
- Constant follow-up with customers and/or agents regarding shipment status, processes, and documentation needed.
- Process bookings, documentation into GDZ system.
- Ensure all documents are prepared in a timely manner for shipments to be on time and without issues.
- Guarantee that all documentation is accurate and conforms to industry, federal, and international regulations.
- Interact with the terminal on a daily basis to ensure containers are gated in properly and timely.
- Prepare reports as requested.
- Other duties as requested.
Required Education, Knowledge and Skills Strong knowledge of export and imports documentation, regulations, and processes.
- Ability to effectively communicate with vendors, customers, and other departments within the company.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Detail oriented.
- Very organized.
- Strong ability to prioritize workflow.
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
- Associates Degree or equivalent plus 2-5 years previous experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.