Website Hill Transportation Services
Hill Transportation a leader in the transportation indusrty for over 20 years is growing again. We are currently in need of a Brokerage Freight Specialist. The idea candidate will have ability to multi task, have keen attention to detail, excellent customer service and the drive and desire to grow the business. Below are a few details of the job:
- Provides excellent customer service and are an effective communicator who is easily accessible.
- Manage multiple deliveries, process spot requests, and develop new operational strategies to improve business.
- Be the liaison between shipper, consignee, and carrier to plan pick-up & delivery schedules.
- Resolves customer issues as they arise accurately and professionally.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with customers, as well as carriers.
- Identify and set up qualified approved carriers for freight services.
- Ensure that freight paperwork is completed and approved before transportation.
- Resolve freight discrepancies with customers and/or carriers in a timely manner.
- Track and report shipment status to customers and assist with inquiries.
- Able to receive afterhours calls from shippers and carriers.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by management.
- Negotiate carrier rates.
- Involvement in marketing research
- Participate in projects and reports
- Assist with carrier billing and rate auditing
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree preferred but not required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two years of industry experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- Accurate and sufficient data entry skills.
- Ability to handle a variety of functions in a dynamic, cross-functional, fast paced environment.
- Strong multi-tasker who is adept at navigating multiple computer systems.
- Available 40 hours per week, Monday thru Friday during normal business hours (8am to 5pm)
- Available to take calls after hours from customers & carriers
- Available to work selected Saturdays
- Logistics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Freight Brokers & Agents: 1 year (Preferred)
- McLeod or Transportation Software
We offer amazing benefits effective 1st day of employment whih includes Health, Dental, Visison and Life to name a few. What are you waiting for apply today! EOE
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Logistics/Transportation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Transportation Planning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Dispatching: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.