Shift: 1st Shift
About the role:
- Quote, negotiate prices and oversee transportation services with carriers through prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, and closing deals in an open transactional selling environment.
- Grow business with current carriers in alignment with account growth strategy plans and market demands, as well as identifying, prospecting, and generating new carriers through analysis and discovery.
- Handle freight pickup, transit, and drop off to ensure on time delivery.
- Work closely with Inside Sales Representatives to provide short term and long term carrier solutions for prospective and current customers.
Successful candidates will:
- Have an associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Be skilled in effective communication, collaboration, problem solving, and building professional relationships with carriers, shippers and internal/external customers.
- Be proficient in building proposals, negotiating rates, and delivering both long and short term shipping solutions to customers.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
To apply for this job please visit schneider.taleo.net.