Website Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporate
Wednesday, December 30, 2020
- Shipping, receiving, tracking, tracing, notification, billing, invoicing and POD documents.
- Assures that moves are delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company and exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Independently provide rate quotes to customers and carriers for maximum profitability.
- Ability to manage and grow a multitude of clients & carriers by contract.
- Responsible for managing OISI’s customers’ needs.
- Responsible for negotiating transactional rates with customers, carriers, and vendors.
- Collaborates with all OISI’s branch locations.
- Solid understanding of the company goals and focus.
- Actively participates in growth and achieving company goals.
- Maintains complete and accurate files for documentation and compliance.
- Conduct regular spot file audits of entry files and address issues found.
- Timely follow up and resolution of any issues, including claims.
- Cold calling potential carriers.
- Cross trains and communicates with other positions within the department to cover other desks when needed.
- Support and actively comply with the security duties and responsibilities described the in the CTPAT Security Program.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two years of freight forwarding office experience.
- Forklift certificate preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English and Spanish, both written and verbal.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Basic user knowledge of computer programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Basic mathematical ability including computation of duties, distances and time, conversion of weights and measures, conversions of currencies.
- Excellent organizational skills for prioritizing workloads and maintaining proper documentation.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Requires a high level of attention to detail.
- Must support teamwork by participating, cooperating, and communicating with coworkers.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers and coworkers by providing accurate, courteous, and timely responses to questions or concerns.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.