Website Volume, Inc.
An established Grocery Distribution Company of 35 years located in Sharon, MA has an opening for an in-house dispatcher (broker/agent). We are the shipper and own all product being shipped. We are a well-respected, financially stable, growth minded company. We have a strong back office support staff and one of the highest credit ratings in the industry. All shipments are domestic and mainly full truckload. Duties include taking time sensitive freight orders and matching those up with trucks. Related job responsibilities include but not limited to negotiating freight rates, booking trucks, dispatching drivers, scheduling appointments and tracking shipments. Logistics background including dispatch, brokerage, and 3PL experience preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office a plus. This is a full-time, salary position with competitive compensation and full benefits.
NO CARRIER FOLLOWING NEEDED
– Strong negotiation skills
– Strong problem solving skills (evaluate alternatives in order to make the best decisions)
– Good telephone manners
– Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills
– Work well under pressure and take initiative
– Ability to multi-task (excellent analytical problem solving and time management)
– Ability to prioritize workload and maintain organized records
– Ability to work in fast-paced environment
– Ability to work in a team environment
– Ability to handle high volumes of inbound email and phone calls
– Highly motivated team player with a desire to learn
– Detail Oriented
COMPUTER EXPERIENCE (preferred not necessary)
– Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
– Goldmine contact management Software
– Ability to learn proprietary software and navigate multiple programs
– Ability to utilize computers and relevant software in daily operations
– Experience as a Truck broker / Freight Agent- previous background in trucking industry
– Knowledge of current state and federal regulations relating to the trucking industry
– Knowledge of trucking/transportation terms
– Full-time employment with excellent benefits
– Includes medical, dental, 401k, profit sharing & 529 medical reimbursement
Interested applicants that meet the above requirements and are looking to work for a high energy, successful, career minded company please inquire.
Keywords: Truck Broker, Truckload Broker, Freight Broker, Freight Agent, Freight Forwarder, Dispatcher, Load Coordinator, Transportation, logistics, 3PL Job
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $42,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.