Website MORRISTOWN DRIVERS SERVICE
Morristown Drivers’ Service, (MDS Trucking), is seeking an experienced Freight Broker for our Morristown, TN location. The candidate must be self-driven and competitive to reach sales goals. This position is responsible for communicating with shippers and freight carriers to quote freight and ensure the safe and timely movement of freight from its original point to its destination. We are seeking a highly motivated, and detail-oriented person to build and maintain professional relationships while providing exceptional customer service to our customers and carriers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and retain customer and carrier relationships
- Must be self driven to make cold calls and reach for sales goals
- Build a customer base to cover loads when needed or bring in new business to increase revenue
- Manage customer interactions by proactively communicating with customers, setting appointments, notifying them of deliveries etc.
- Customer Service: answering inbound phone calls from customers, vendors and carriers
- Effectively track shipment status through various methods (phone, online, e-mail)
- Identify opportunities for increased efficiency and increased profitability and effectively communicate to management
- Shipment entry into database
- Utilize and understand multiple computer systems to maximize productivity
- A four year degree in a related field or 2-5 years prior work experience; Freight Broker experience preferred; customer service, sales or operations will be considered
- Transportation, supply chain or logistics experience is a plus
- A strong carrier following to effectively cover loads
- Excellent customer service skills
- Maintain a solid understanding of current market conditions and business trends to effectively negotiate rates
- Must be able to professionally handle pressure when it arises
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to organization
- Self-motivated individual
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage heavy workloads
- Must be able to work long hours to satisfy both carrier and customer needs
- Work well with others and take direction when given
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Experience with multiple computer programs and various websites
MDS is a family owned and financially stable company with long term relationships with both customers and employees.
A “flat” organizational chart and hands-on management approach allows MDS to make decisions and commitments quickly. A stable driver base and seasoned dispatchers allow MDS to provide the highest quality service to its customers including such well-known companies as Flowers Bakery, Rich’s Foodservice and International Paper.
If you are qualified and feel you have these attributes, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. We look forward to talking with you.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Workers Compensation
- Paid weekly thru automatic deposit
Morristown Driver’s Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- logistics: 1 year (Preferred)
- freight brokering: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- One location
- Team Lead
- Waiting period may apply
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.