Website Sargent Logistics
Sargent Logistics is a full-service transportation solutions provider specializing in moving North American freight. We offer full-truckload, LTL freight, intermodal, and expedited services all over the 48 states. Our headquarters are in the heart of Chicago, with terminals strategically situated throughout the west coast (Seattle, WA, Portland, OR, Los Angeles, CA) and a terminal in the New Jersey area. Full-service Freight Brokerage with an asset-based trucking company.
As a Freight Broker for Sargent Logistics, you will build your own book of business while handling your customer’s transportation needs. You ensure the growth and development of customer accounts through strategic decision-making and upholding Sargent’s commitment to service. You will be able to identify, pursue and close new business through various sales strategies in a no-cap commission structure!
- Make calls to establish relationships and build your book of business from the ground up
- Sell and close new and existing customers to move their freight
- Negotiate price with shippers and carriers
- Manage daily shipments, resolving issues, to ensure pickup and delivery is on time.
- Be honest and proactive in all your communications – internally and externally
What we’re looking for:
- 1+ years minimum of professional Logistics and Transportation experience
- Profound understanding of various supply chain solutions and service offerings
- Knowledge of industry terminology, market trends, and best practices of inside sales and customer service
- Demonstrated client-facing management experience
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Substantial experience with DAT and Internet Truckstop load boards.
- Experience and proven success in FTL bid processes.
- An active learner with strong communication and organizational skills
- A competitive salary + commission structure
- A fun, energetic and casual work environment
- Transparent leadership with access to the executive team.
- Train and develop alongside experts in the logistics industry
- Benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, matching 401K.
- Logistics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Freight Brokers & Agents: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $45,000.00 – $250,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Logistics: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.