Website George Hildebrandt, Inc.
Freight Broker- Dispatcher
Hudson Logistics, part of the George Hildebrandt Family of companies is searching for a
Freight Broker to join our Flatbed Brokerage Company in Burlington, NJ.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties include managing and developing Customer and Carrier relationships. Servicing day to day orders via, dispatching, tracking, and tracing, and price negotiation with carriers. Acting as a backhaul coordinator for our flatbed business. The successful applicant must be well organized, motivated and possess outstanding customer service skills necessary for inside account management. Must also have the ability to work constructively and independently, handling stressful situations and deadline pressures well. Plan/carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Plan and coordinate pick-up and delivery schedules.
- Work with Shippers, Carriers, and Dispatchers to manage the schedules
- Track and report shipment status to customers.
- Manage multiple deliveries, process spot requests.
- Resolve freight discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Respond to customer concerns and queries professionally.
- Maintain positive and productive relationship with customers.
- Identify and contact qualified carriers for freight services.
- Negotiate contract and pricing agreements with carriers.
- Maintain strong relationship with carriers.
- Ensure that freight paperwork is completed and approved before transportation.
- Maintain freight files and customer receipts for reference purposes, in relation to corporate policies.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Full-time employment with benefits
- Training, Growth and Advancement opportunities within the company
- Professional atmosphere in a motivating environment
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Life, 401k, PTO & more
- 2 years’ experience in the Transportation / 3PL industry preferred
- 2 years’ experience in the Flatbed Brokerage environment.
- Not under a non-compete agreement
- Strong negotiation skills with driven results
- Highly motivated team player with a desire to learn
- Possessing excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Must be able to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- One location
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.