Website Waste Management
Communicates back and forth with Waste Management Drivers to assist with problem resolution while on route. Handles incoming service orders, directs drivers, and resolves service issues. Interacts with customers, including customer service, sales, and operational staff (i.e. Route Managers, Mechanics etc.). Uses Waste Management proprietary software to enter ticket information and track activity. Shifts vary with the potential for overtime and Saturday hours depending particular site needs. Some initial travel (up to 15%) may be required to assist with centralization efforts. The shift is 5p-5a and will need to be available to work Sunday through Saturday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works with routing specialists, route managers, and the service department to optimize routes
- Dispatches drivers to calls as they are received, using information on customer needs, drivers’ locations and loads, and daily factors to balance cost and speed of response
- Fields incoming calls from customers, and e-mails from customer service and sales department; managing requests for pick-up or container delivery and ensuring same-day service
- Initiates outbound calls to customers while drivers are on-site/location, resolving pick-up and other issues
- Troubleshoots and resolves potential delivery and pick-up problems before they result in service issues
- Assists in determining daily level of driver staffing to provide best mix of responsiveness and productivity
- Records and documents information from Drivers and distributes to appropriate departments
Communicates with maintenance shop personnel and serves as an emergency point of contact for down wires and other issues
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
High school diploma or G.E.D. (accredited).
Experience: Six (6) months relevant work experience.
Computer skills with ability to handle multiple programs and systems
Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally via e-mail, telephone, and 2 way devices
Must have the desire and ability to learn Waste Management proprietary software applications
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds rarely;
Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click “Apply.”
To apply for this job please visit wmtalent.taleo.net.