Website Falck NorthWest
Falck USA is a global emergency medical services provider originating from Denmark that services 9 states in the US including: Alabama, California, Washington, Oregon, Florida, Maryland, Colorado, and Georgia. Falck has been operating in the US since 2010 and is the second largest private provider of emergency medical services in the country today. Our BLS and ALS services impact not only the lives of our patients, but their families and communities.
Falck Northwest’s team of dedicated professionals have been proudly serving the citizens of the Puget Sound area since November 2012 providing Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support, Critical Care Transport and Alternative Transportation Services. In July 2015 Falck Northwest branched to Salem Oregon, providing BLS and ALS support to the Salem Fire Department and Salem area.
Why work for Falck USA:
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop your skills, grow and develop your career, and make an impact within your community, we are the right fit for you! Submit your application today using the link below for further consideration.
The primary job responsibilities of the Dispatcher are to receive telephone calls requesting medical assistance and/or transportation from residences, public service agencies and/or medical facilities. He/she shall dispatch medical unit(s) to the scene in response for assistance; operate radio communication equipment to monitor field operations of EMS units and personnel, and perform other related tasks and duties as assigned by appropriate authority. They also handle all incoming calls (receives and prioritizes) in a swift and proper manner through the use of Communications Center systems. Dispatch the appropriate vehicles/personnel as appropriate. In addition, a dispatcher will make phone calls to update, add to, inform and facilitate Falck USA customers.
The Dispatcher may be assigned one of more duties. These duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receive and prioritizes all incoming telephone calls. Demonstrates the ability to effectively channel emergency and non-emergency calls to appropriate personnel.
- Efficiently dispatch vehicles to emergency and non-emergency calls in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to make accurate moment to moment decision making in regard to the dispatch of emergency and non-emergency vehicles.
- Effectively triages all in coming requests for service according to the CBD (Criteria Based Dispatch) for individual counties. Training will be provided for employees.
- Obtains required information from party requesting medical transport (as set forth by communications manager).
- Maintains professional telecommunication contact with field units and other agencies comprising emergency service network to communicate activities of personnel, enlist services of other protective agencies, or provide alternative directions to on scene personnel; demonstrates ability to effectively use paging system, Nextel’s, cell phones and land lines, and all portable or mounted radios; troubleshoots problems mechanical / equipment problems and contacts lead dispatcher, communication supervisor, and communication manager as appropriate.
- Participate in training programs as required. Completes Level I training within timeline set by communications manager. After competency is determined as a Level I dispatcher, completes Level II training (necessary to function as a dispatcher or relief person when called upon).
- Prepare and complete reports stating progress, problems and statistics for review by appropriate managers and supervisors.
- Perform basic data entry; demonstrate ability to learn new computer programs and perform some advanced data entry.
Falck is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / An Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit falcknw.candidatecare.jobs.