Website FedEx Logistics
- FedEx Logistics
- Full Time
- Gardena, California
To provide customers with the highest quality service by providing consistent customer service and resolution in order to ensure timely release and/or inbound or outbound movement of freight/cargo
Here is what you get as a FedEx Employee:
At FedEx Logistics, you’ll find everything you’d expect of a people-first, global industry leader. FedEx offer a chance at a long rewarding career within one of the World’s Top Companies. From benefits to special training to advancement opportunities, our offering is deep and wide to match our commitment to your career aspirations. Employee compensation and rewards are structured to acknowledge individual effort, stimulate new ideas, encourage outstanding performance, and promote teamwork. FedEx Offers an attractive and comprehensive package of pay benefits and quality of Work/Life programs.
Salary Increases – Salary increase based on individual performance
Tuition Assistance – Subsidy for continuous learning and education
Paid Time Off – Vacation, holiday, sick leave
Health Care Program – Medical coverage and dental coverage
Additional Benefits – Life, Disability (short/long term)
401(k) Program – Financial security in retirement
Reduced Shipping Rate – Exclusive discounts for personal shipping
LifeCare and LifeMart Benefits – Discount programs (e.g., car, restaurants, movies, daycare, pet care and more)
Job Description Summary:
- Provide impeccable customer service
- Prepare, analyze, and/or submit documentation to the appropriate parties (U.S. Customs, agents, clients) in order to ensure they are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations relating to customs and transportation
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve problems which could delay the timely release or movement of freight
- Maintain relationships with correspondent brokers, T&B, and other service providers to ensure that agents exceed the customers’ service requirements
- Resolve banking and letter of credit problems
- Advise customers on payment terms.
- Obtain payment on delinquent accounts and/or complete accounting adjustment forms for review.
- Resolve billing issues, coordinate post entry activity on customer’s behalf.
- Complete accurate data input or corrections into computer files.
- Perform route cause analysis as directed by direct manager
- Coordinate post-entry activities on the customer’s behalf
- Manage the entry verification process.
- Access clients systems (external systems) as necessary.
- Correspond with business partners in various mediums to include written, phone or e-mail.
- Produce operational trend reports
- Keep business partners apprised of the exception process.
- Pre alerts – receive and respond as needed per customer SOP.
- Maintain general knowledge of FedEx products and services
- Interact with customers, internal staff/departments and management of all levels.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- 1 1/2 years of work/field experience preferred.
- Required – MS Office, Outlook, Office equipment (phone, fax, photocopier, printer, scanner).
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Organizational Skills. Inter-personal skills. Problem solving Skills.
- Handle high volume of work. Handle time sensitive work. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision. Detail oriented. Performs other or additional duties as assigned.
- Paid Training Provided.
Posting Date: 2022-12-06
Job Posting End Date: 2022-12-14
Shift: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm ONSITE
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We’re glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Logistics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Logistics, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Logistics Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Logistics is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.)
FedEx Logistics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Logistics will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.