Website Aon Corporation
Associate Broker – Marine Cargo & Logistics Practice
Ready to join a strong, collaborative culture?
Seeking on the job training as you learn the broker role?
Aon is in the business of better decisions
What the day will look like
- Assist in the creation of quality market submissions.
- Assist in marketing new and renewal business, handling all aspects of the placements from initial market selection through policy delivery to client.
- With guidance and supervision, identify and analyze client exposures and determine which markets to utilize, ensuring thorough evaluation of qualified companies in the marketplace.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the Cargo & Logistics insurance marketplace, products and services.
- Develop productive business relationships with key insurance underwriters and Aon local office teams.
- Identify and analyze prospect and client exposures.
- Coordinate activities with other internal units as required to meet customer needs.
- Builds productive working relationships with peers and higher-level professionals internally and externally to exchange information and make recommendations.
How this opportunity is different
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various levels.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, exceptional organizational skills,
- Adept at working with teams and ability to work with clients and to successfully exceed client expectations.
- Goal oriented and highly motivated in achieving results.
- Ability to create effective presentations & communications.
- Sales acumen.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Interest in pursuing self-development courses.
- Must pursue and maintain appropriate broker’s license.
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognize that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work… and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Aon offers a comprehensive package of benefits for full-time and regular part-time colleagues, including, but not limited to: a 401(k) savings plan with employer contributions; an employee stock purchase plan; consideration for long-term incentive awards at Aon’s discretion; medical, dental and vision insurance, various types of leaves of absence, paid time off, including 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year, 15 days of paid vacation per year, paid sick leave as provided under state and local paid sick leave laws, short-term disability and optional long-term disability, health savings account, health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts, employee and dependent life insurance and supplemental life and AD&D insurance; optional personal insurance policies, adoption assistance, tuition assistance, commuter benefits, and an employee assistance program that includes free counseling sessions. Eligibility for benefits is governed by the applicable plan documents and policies.
The salary range for this position (intended for U.S. applicants) is $60,000 – $70,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. The salary range reflected is based on a primary work location of Chicago, IL. The actual salary may vary for applicants in a different geographic location.
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, domestic partner status, or other legally protected status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer. People with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on [email protected]
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.