Website ESC Region 11
Job Title: Transportation Dispatcher
Reports to: Director of Transportation
Wage Status: Nonexempt
Pay Grade: Bus – 8hr
Duty Days: 10 month
Fund Source: 199
Date Revised: August 2019
Coordinate dispatching of pupil transportation for regular and special needs programs districtwide to ensure safe, efficient, timely, and economical transportation services. Drive bus routes and special trips as assigned.
Clear and valid Texas commercial driver’s license with Passenger (P) and School Bus (S) endorsements
High School Diploma or GED
Must be 18 years of age
Ability to use software to develop route schedules, spreadsheets, and databases and do word processing
Ability to read and understand documents including policies and procedures manuals
Ability to receive and give written and verbal instructions
Ability to pass U.S. Department of Transportation alcohol and drug tests and annual physical exam
Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Five years experience as certified school bus driver
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Routes and Schedules
- Assist with layout and scheduling of all district bus routes in accordance with Texas Education Agency guidelines. Ensure that all changes or additional bus runs are consistent with district policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Conduct dispatch activities to ensure the smooth operation of all buses.
- Assist with the preparation and updating of district maps showing areas served by each bus. Communication
- Dispatch drivers and vehicles.
- Notify drivers, parents, and school personnel of any changes in a student’s bus service such as an address change, change in pick-up and drop-off location, change in time or bus change. Help campuses to place new students on buses and advise drivers of new or dismissed students.
- Serve as substitute bus driver as needed.
- Compile, maintain, file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required in transportation area meeting all district, state and federal timelines. Reports must be completed and submitted prior to the end of work day calendar.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment. File records timely in a filing system that is labeled and organized.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including computer and peripherals; school bus; two-way radio; safety equipment including but not limited to flares, reflective signs, and fire extinguisher
Posture: Prolonged sitting; frequent standing and twisting; occasional kneeling/squatting, bending, stooping, and pushing/pulling
Motion: Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; prolonged driving; moderate walking, climbing stairs, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, and reaching
Lifting: Limited light lifting and carrying (under 15 pounds) on a daily basis
Environment: Frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, noise, and vehicle fumes; regularly work irregular hours, and occasionally work prolonged hours
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress,
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.atenterprise.powerschool.com.