We believe in the power of supporting freight agents as entrepreneurs in America?s transportation business.
We exist as an extension of our freight agent?s business to help solve transportation challenges for our customers through personalized attention, committed partnerships, exceptional technology, and a dedicated team of transportation experts that stand behind them.
We empower agent entrepreneurs.
WHAT WE VALUE
Our values are the set of guiding beliefs that help us function together as one, and shape the way we behave.
At LDi, we are led by these core values: Mutually Successful Partnerships, Continually Investing, Integrity, Teamwork.
1140 Wehrle Drive, Buffalo, NY 14221 or approved location by management
The Software Developer is a key member of the development team, helping implement and ensure best practices, evolve capabilities and quality in a positive direction, as well as actively producing stellar solutions that bring excitement to our end users.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members to improve system architecture, expand team capabilities, and learn and utilize new tools and best practices.
- Code and perform unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution while adhering to business and technical requirements.
- Code, test, debug, and enhance software and write programs according to specifications.
- Participate in code review sessions to validate adherence with development standards.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Provide system analysis and improvement recommendations. Identify and recommend system designs/requirements for software enhancements with senior team members.
- Activelyparticipate in continuously improving team performance and maturing team processes.
- Coordinate with technical teams to analyze and resolve software related problems causing operational difficulties, advising on specialized features and functions. Follow established configuration/change control processes.
- Ensure the software architecture is lean, extensible, and well documented.
- Ensure software modules are reliable and reusable. Integrate with metrics and auditing systems to inform on health and usage.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor?s degree in Programming, Computer Information Systems, or related field.
- 2+ year(s) of hands on experience with programming and development.
- Experience with EDI, Dev Express, and Agile work environment is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage project delivery.
- Effective communication skills (phone, email, writing).
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Experience in the transportation/logistic industry is a plus, but not required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS
- The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, lift and/or move light weight items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, for viewing a computer terminal distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception vision for moving objects and ability to adjust focus.
- This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Exempt (Salary)
- Benefits Eligible
Logistic Dynamics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.