Orders, delivers, moves and places materials within the plant as scheduled. Sorts and distributes work bills and drawings. Responsible for revisions, corrections, deletions, and additions to work bill and drawings. Feeds back status of work in process versus plan. Detects critical needs, advises planners, supervisors and inspectors. Insures accurate computer inventory records of material usage.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up jobs for direct laborers by providing material from storeroom or other work centers.
- Orders and stores floor stock and shop supplies. Checks deliveries to list. Returns unused parts to stock.
- Distributes bills of material to proper work centers.
- Processes engineering change orders, non-conformance reports and defective material reports.
- Reports on work status in the shop. Update schedules, and expedites short parts as required.
- Informs planner/supervisor of variances, needs and opportunities.
- Reports on material usage. Audits the exception reports.
- Verifies completeness of assemblies and routes to next user.
- Maintains queue areas and housekeeping standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Forklift and hand truck, cranes.
- General tool skills
- Forklift and hand trucks, upender, overhead and Jib cranes, hammers, pliers, screwdrivers and knife.
- All materials and components used throughout the plant. Paper insulation, steel, conductors, bushings, arrestors, sheet steel, cabinets, nuts, bolts and others.
- Works under general supervision. Transports materials to departments and between departments. Operates forklifts, hand trucks, cranes, and other material handling equipment is required. Must have a good working knowledge of plant layout and product flow to perform efficiently.
- The above description covers the principle functions of the job. It is not intended to be a complete listing of all the miscellaneous incidental or substantially similar duties which may be assigned during normal or emergency operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education / Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent
To apply for this job please visit career8.successfactors.com.