Website Challenger Motor Freight Inc.
Challenger is looking for a few good Agents
Working as an independent agent for Challenger allows you the autonomy of self-employment while also having the support of a large asset-based transportation company with an established, long-term infrastructure & brand. You avoid the financial burden & risk associated with starting your own business.
This type of role is most suited to experienced (3+years current), North American Logistics Professionals who want more control of their future & income. Your great qualities/skills & connections, in conjunction with the support that Challenger offers, means there is no limit to the amount of money that you can earn.
Why be an Agent with Challenger?
- Representing an asset based company opens doors that are closed for non-asset based brokers
- 100% commissioned role paid via direct deposit on invoiced shipments
- Dedicated agent and operational support team
- Low Agent saturation
- Complimentary web based TMS, Customer Portal and EDI capabilities
- Multi Mode and extensive cross border expertise
- Access to joint sales calls with V & C level executives to help secure & retain business
What are my Agent options?
A Sales Agent mirrors a traditional sales rep. After prospecting for new customers the Agent will work with Challenger’s operations team to provide solutions for the customer. Once the Sales Agent has closed the account Challenger will onboard the customer and assign them a dedicated account manager who will act as the customers liaison with Challenger’s team to provide all the operational support. The Sales Agents responsibility is to continue to maintain the relationship with the customer.
Operating Agent (Freight Broker Agent)
An Operating Agent is essentially a 360 degree desk, imagine you’ve started your own logistics company. The Ops Agent prospects for new customers and provides the customer solutions based on the carriers/providers that they source using tools like the Challenger Carrier Pool and Load boards. Once the Ops Agent has closed the account, the Ops Agent will book loads in Challengers web based TMS, communicate with the carrier and follow the load through delivery and the POD is received.
In both scenarios Challenger, provides all of the back-office support including vetting and paying carriers, extending credit to customers and collections. All shipments are under Challenger’s operating authority and insurances.
- 3+ years experience in the transportation industry
- Ops Agent: needs to have Freight Broker experience
- Sales Agent: needs to have industry sales experience
- Have a book of business or be able to build a book from scratch
- Consent to a background check
If you would like to know more please visit https://www.challenger.com/careers/agent-opportunities/.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.