Website Navy Exchange Service Command
Pay Range : $15.74+DOE
Come work for the Navy Exchange…where you can have a retail career with a purpose!
We are a world-class retailer serving the best customers in the world: active duty and retired military and their families.
No military affiliation is required.
As a sales associate, you will be the face of our company! You get to highlight our brand and image while contributing to building our reputation as a company that values its customers and their opinions. You will be directly responsible for assisting customers and helping them recognize the need for our products and services. Must be capable of learning about what we sell and are able to articulate our purpose in a manner that is educational, insightful, and professional. Have a positive and outgoing nature that enjoys serving others and making a positive impact to the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively engage and make a connection with customers.
- Asking questions and listening to customer’s needs.
- Directing customers to merchandise; informing them about upcoming events, promotions, mobile offers, STAR card
- Provide premier customer service.
- Cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your own actions and outcomes.
- Maintaining store appearance.
- Cross-selling products and knowing layout of the store.
- Make suggestions to customer on latest trends and current promotions based on customer’s individual needs.
- Upselling products.
- Learning product features; keeping up with the latest trends; leveraging company tools and technology to confidently provide the customer with product knowledge/specs.
- Using a Point-of-Sales system, processing cash exchanges, discounts, gift cards, credit cards, debit cards (cash handling) including counting money and returning accurate amounts to customer.
- Completing various forms of paperwork, reports, and reconciliation
- Be the keeper of merchandise, complete all inventory processes and make sure merchandise is properly checked in and accurately ticketed. (May participate in periodic inventories)
- Adherence to assigned work schedule. Accurate and complete follow through on work assignments
- Other Duties as assigned
- Basic knowledge of products/merchandise
- Retail experience, preferred but not required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management. Ability to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business. Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Involves lifting at least 25 lbs. and up to 50lbs in some departments. Work typically performed indoors but may be assigned outdoors depending upon location.
Enthusiastic, friendly, and energetic with a desire to provide outstanding service.
Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.