Ready Mixed Concrete Co., A CRH Company, has been the premiere concrete supplier in the Omaha-Council Bluffs metro area since 1929. With state-of-the-art production and delivery, Ready Mixed supplies all types of projects from highly technical commercial construction and high-volume paving to residential projects.
Summary receives and enters orders for ready-mixed concrete by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Confers with plant production and yard personnel to establish delivery schedules according to factors such as truck capacities, distances to delivery site, and unloading time.
- Determine types or amounts of equipment, vehicles, materials, or personnel required according to work orders or specifications.
- Prepares delivery tickets, and related shipping documents and assigns drivers for scheduled deliveries.
- Schedule and dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using radios or telephones.
- Advise personnel about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other hazards.
- Maintains contact with drivers to expedite deliveries.
- Monitor personnel or equipment locations and utilization to coordinate service and schedules.
- Takes all phone calls for ready mix concrete and construction material orders.
- Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from work crews, supervisors, and field inspectors using telephones or two-way radios.
- Handles all walk in customers.
- Receives cash payments for shipments from drivers and prepares reports of cash and charge sales.
- Record and maintain files and records of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information.
- Other duties as assigned.
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Ready Mixed Concrete Co., A CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crh.com.