Website ABLE FREIGHT SERVICES, LLC
As a Logistics Agent, you are the first point of contact in the warehouse for third-party logistics representatives. You will utilize customer service, attention to detail, precision, and critical thinking to receive shipments and documentation and maintain thorough and accurate records of every product coming into the warehouse floor. In order to succeed, you should be able to adapt well to change, be flexible, and always keep in mind your safety and the safety of others.
Highly competitive wages with growth opportunities
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
Company-paid Time-Off including Vacation, and Sick Leave
Retirement 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive products and loads in an efficient and timely manner
- Ensure all incoming shipments have accurate and complete documentation, and uploading it into A-Works (in-house, proprietary application)
- Coordinate with Loaders and Receivers to verify documentation and unloading procedures
- Check received product for damages and discrepancies and keep thorough and accurate notations of damage
- Communicate professionally and promptly with third party and in-house truck drivers during the check in process
- Escort truck drivers as needed
- Schedule and coordinate customer’s pickup and delivery requests
- Provide pickup and delivery milestones to customers
- Create files for each shipment and enter the data into A-Works with high attention to accuracy
- Assist in the preparation and printing of Air Waybills, shipping documents, shipment tags and labels, and all other documentation as required by the product, customer, vendor, airline, and/or destination Customs regulations and procedures
- Assist Operations in resolving customer issues as needed
- Confirm Purchase Order (PO) numbers and Phytosanitary Certificate (Phyto) information is accurate and consistent
- Correctly label and tag pallets with the appropriate BOL labels
- Assist in properly preparing outgoing shipments in accordance with product, airline, and destination regulations, including insulation, temperature control products, standard packing supplies and procedures, and ensuring proper tags and documentation as needed and required
- Learn and maintain a thorough knowledge of procedures required by various customers, products, airlines, and destinations
- Learn and maintain a thorough knowledge of cargo loading devices (ex. LD3, AKE, PMC, etc.)
- Accurately complete daily supply inventories within allowable timeframe
- Participate in any and all cross-training programs as assigned
- Report to your assigned shift on time each day you are scheduled to work
- Keep work area well-organized, clean, and free from trash and debris
- Assist in training and teaching new hires as needed
- Quickly report any Compliance issues to the Shift Manager
- Other duties as assigned by the Facility Manager, Shift Manager, and/or Shift Supervisor
- Comprehension of English (both written and verbal)
- Detail oriented
- High level of accuracy in work
- A safety-conscious mindset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under deadlines and pressure
- Typing requirement?
- Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable in a warehouse environment and around fast-moving equipment
- Must be able to reach above shoulder level, bend, sit, squat, stoop, crouch, reach, kneel, and twist/turn
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to pass a preemployment physical, drug screening, and background check
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Experience in a refrigerated/cold climate warehouse
- Experience in customer service
- Experience in data entry
- Comfortable using computers for beginner to intermediate functions
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
This position will require employee to enter Able Freight warehouse spaces. You must abide by all safety and Compliance requirements and measures while in the warehouse.
This job description is a summary of duties for which you as an employee are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an all-inclusive list, rather a broad guide to expected duties. As an employee you must understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of management, any employee may be asked to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects without notice.
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.