Website PAM Transport
The load planner position optimizes the utilization of company resources by matching trucks inbound to an area with outbound freight. The position prioritizes loads by time schedule, and customer priority ensuring to minimize dead-head miles, and utilizing broker loads at the company’s convenience. The load planner works closely with customer service department and driver management department.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Planning freight and equipment in assigned regions for maximum utilization and profitability.
- Assign loads in a manner that allows for on time pick-up and delivery.
- Meet driver/equipment routing needs.
- Manage deadhead.
- Analyze and determine which loads maximize profitability.
- Provides accurate and detailed load information, pick-up/delivery times and other special load related information.
- Strive to meet service and delivery goals of customers.
- Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks.
- Establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Ability to clearly communicate in terms that are clearly understandable.
- Action-oriented, with a sense of urgency and responsiveness in solving problems and meeting the business needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Ability to work effectively with a team.
2. Ability to work independently as needed to support the group effort.
3. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
4. Proficient in the use of personal computer, including basic Microsoft Office Applications.
5. Ability to multi-task
6. Positive attitude
7. Ability to work in a fast paced environment
8. Possess customer service related skills.
9. Good organizational skills.
10. Ability to work under potentially stressful situations.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.