Website Central Freight Lines
The dispatch supervisor will assist in everyday function in the transportation department by supervising and coordinating the daily activity of freight movements. Communication and teamwork-oriented skills are critical as this position requires direct interaction with customers, venders, company drivers, and commercial carriers.
General Duties And Responsibilities:
- Dispatch LTL drivers
- Provide support to drivers in addition to internal and external customers
- Ensure KPI goals are met or exceeded
- Maintain a safe work environment compliant with state and federal DOT/OSHA standards
- Coordinate and investigate client charge backs such as shortages, lost or damaged product in transit, and missed deliveries
- Recommend efficient transportation actions and procedures
- Identify client challenges and communicate unique requirements with carriers
- Using a data driven approach, identify opportunities for operational efficiency to drive productivity and increase revenue.
Minimum Qualifications And Requirements:
- At least of 1 year of dispatch experience required
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Previous experience with a LTL carrier with knowledge of hazardous materials preferred
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and communication skills
About Central Freight Lines:
Central Freight Lines has a rich history of providing transportation to emerging businesses and Fortune 500 industry leaders since 1925. Central’s Corporate Office has been located in Waco, Texas for over 93 years. Central Freight Lines has sustainability, financial strength and an infrastructure designed to intelligently support the logistical needs of North America’s largest manufacturing, retail and distribution enterprises. Central Freight Lines continues to look for growth opportunities without losing our focus of consistent, reliable LTL service to our core area which is comprised of terminals ranging from East to the West. Our network supports warehousing, inventory control and distribution capabilities for those corporations looking to outsource their supply chain needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by Central Freight Lines are contingent upon the successful completion of a background and pre-employment drug screen (where required) in addition to MVR, PSP, and VOE’s for driving/DOT related positions. The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. Central Freight Lines will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- transportation: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit intelliapp.driverapponline.com.