The International Freight Specialist ensures the proper and timely movement of international ocean and/or air freight and information, while complying with internal and external requirements and providing exceptional customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Generate international spot quotes in operating system by using recommended guidelines
- Coordinate the routing of import and export bookings with airlines and ocean carriers
- Initiate pick-ups and deliveries to authorized agents, carriers, and drayage companies
- Prepare, handle, and process documentation including house and master air waybills, commercial documents, and customs/regulatory documents
- Act as a liaison with custom brokers and agents, along with ocean and air terminal operators
- Communicate effectively and timely with customers, carriers, foreign agents, and co-workers through high volume of emails and phone calls
- Maintain compliance standards at all times including internal policies and procedures, external government regulations, and customer requirements
- Prepare and post accurate, timely customer invoices
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Specific Department Responsibilities
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of applicable US and international ocean and air import and export laws and regulations
Required Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work independently while balancing appropriate collaboration with leadership oversight
- Ability to effectively interact with other employees of the organization
- Excellent customer service, time management, and prioritization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in person and via phone
- Ability to understand, interpret, and explain complex and abstract Solutions issues and respond appropriately
- Able to utilize sound, independent judgment and make responsible decisions and recommendations
- Excellent follow-through and detail orientation
- Able to effectively utilize computer programs including Word and Excel and agency management system
Minimum Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Industry experience preferred but not necessary
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position for at least 50% of the time. The employee needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. The general level of physical activity would be defined as sedentary. The employee is regularly required to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, telephone, copy machine, and printer. Some movements of the hands, arms, and wrists may involve repetitive motions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, and assess various activities and surroundings.
- Cognitive/Mental Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to comprehend and use basic language, either written or spoken, to communicate simple and complex information, ideas, and information. The employee is also required to use logic to define problems, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information, and deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar situations. The employee must use problem-solving skills to formulate and apply appropriate courses of action for routine or familiar situations. The employee may be required to perform numerical operations including basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing or more complex quantitative calculations.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is inside a central heat and air-conditioned office building. The noise level in the work environment is minimal.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
eShipping LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- What is your desired pay rate?
- What is your preferred email address for communication?
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.