We are looking for a Intermodal Freight Agent to join our team and help manage the transportation of goods from one rail location to another. We are an assest based drayage carrier looking to expand our customer base and create new lanes with our brokerage. The candidate will be responsible for acquiring and maintaining new freight lanes, rail billing, communications with steam ship lines and ports, negotiating rates, bid on lanes, and all logistical work associated with our 3PL services. There is a mandatory 4 year experience required in the Intermodal industry as a 3PL broker agent. Preferred book of business established.
Pay $1800 bi-weekly. 1099
- Schedule and coordinate freight shipments.
- Communicate with customers to determine their needs and provide solutions.
- Negotiate rates with customers and vendors.
- Rail Billing
- Track shipments with Ports and update customers
- Maintain accurate records of shipments, invoices, and other documents.
- Provide customer service to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Maintaining all necessary paperwork
- 4 Years Intermodal freight broker agent experience
- Must be driven
- Knowledge of all Software for Invoicing , TMS, Railbilling, Load Tracking, Rate Confirmation, Work orders… ETC
- Established book of business
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Demonstrate excellence people skills
- Ability to create to sales and new lanes
- Knowledge of all ports, Rails and Steamship Lines
WE MAY BE REACHED AT 847-874-7033
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Food provided
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- 1099 contract
- Bonus opportunities
- Signing bonus
- Uncapped commission
- 8 hour shift
- INTERMODAL FREIGHT BROKER Agent: 4 years (Preferred)
Job-related location requirement:
- Candidates must be within a 25-mile radius.
Work Location: In person
$20 an hour
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!