Website Pilot Freight Services
- Answering of phones professionally and timely.
- Answering and responding to e-mail requests timely.
- Quoting customers and overseas partners.
- Updating Special Tracking and Accounting Reports for Customers.
- Dispatching of shipments.
- Ensure dispatch is aware of any special instructions/cut offs.
- Interface with Customs Broker, Importer and Customer for Import Shipments.
- Booking of air shipments with Pilot Gateway teams.
- Confirming Known shipper via KSMS for air shipments.
- Booking ocean shipment with co-loader and ocean carriers.
- Label Air and Ocean Shipments.
- Process DG shipments including checklist.
- Filing of AES.
- Accurately complete entry of pickup/quote information into Navigator.
- Tracking and tracing of shipments.
- Communicating to internal/external customers and sales regarding issues.
- Update/notate tracking milestones.
- Research of shipments for Corporate requests/reports.
- Research of shipments for Accounting requests/reports.
- Understanding TSA regulations.
- Billing: closing out of shipments timely.
- Including request of vendor invoices and selling rates.
- Export specific:
- Must have DG certification to handle DG shipments.
- Must have knowledge of airline regulations i.e. oversize, banding.
- Import specific:
- Must have knowledge of POA, customs brokerage regulations, DO, ISF.
- Must have knowledge of working with air and ocean carriers.
- Chargeback and PN reports
- Printing daily and researching and responding timely.
- Timely invoicing and closing out of shipments.
- Recommend and develop new policies/procedures.
- Complete, submit and review personnel issues timely, including but not limited to; annual reviews, required disciplinary actions, punctuation, and keeping current on required trainings.
- Training of new employees according to Pilot’s standards, procedures and goals.
- Ability to facilitate progressive change, getting along with other employees, following direction and continually improving.
- Maintain operation by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently using sound judgment while working in a team-oriented environment.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all emergency policies and regulations.
- Flexible work hours/schedule including weekends/holidays.
- 24/7 accessibility via phone.
- Other duties assigned deemed necessary by the Global Ops Manager.
- Must be able to type accurately at least 35 WPM.
- Basic computer knowledge including Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be able to calculate chargeable weight and volume for all shipments.
- Work with a sense of urgency, understanding how to prioritize.
- Ability to manage deadlines.
- Ability to work hands-on, handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certifications, if applicable.
- DG certification.
- 5-years of industry experience.
- 3-years of managing/leading people.
This is an administrative position in a professional office setting. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, stoop, bend and reach. Extensive use of a phone and a PC is required.
- High School or better
- Proficiency in written & verbal communication
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Type: Full-time
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.