Website Mercer Transportation
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Solicits and books freight from new and existing customer accounts.
2. Seeks new customers in defined area through creative prospecting and telemarketing efforts. And builds strong relationships with customers.
3. Monitor customers TMS and emails in a timely manner and respond appropriately.
4. Contacts Agents, Truck Coordinators, Contractors, Drivers and Carriers in effort to move freight.
5. Tabulates correct mileage and rate charges, insure correct agents commission splits, and issue advances in accordance with established company guidelines.
6. Provide rates on rate bid packages.
7. Analyzes problems as they arise and use independent judgment in conjunctions with others to determine best solutions with regard to customer satisfaction and Mercer profitability.
8. Enters Loaded, Empty, Advance and Check Calls for trucks that call.
9. When a call is received from a Carrier, inquiring about loading for Mercer, finds him a suitable load. If there isnt any in the system, enters him into the system. Encourages the Carrier to load continuously with Mercer, or call us whenever they need a load. Exhausts all Broker loading opportunities.
10. Answers any question the Agent may have pertaining to the use of their computer. Dont criticize; rather help them with training and encouragement.
11. Provides excellent service to all your contacts: Agents, Customers, Drivers, Contractors and any Employees.
12. Covers for Agents in their absence.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Required High School Diploma (or GED/High School Equivalence Certificate) with three (3) years of commensurate experience in Customer Service/Sales/Supervisory roles.
Preferred Undergraduate degree with relevant courses and training in Sales Management; including working knowledge of U.S geography; three to four years of supervisory experience in comparable levels of the trucking or transportation field; Or, one (1) year of which may have included previous trucking experience, management, sales, or telemarketing.
2. Customer/Supplier Relations – Understands the essentials of customer satisfaction and applies it in the process of servicing the customer. Communicates customer feedback to management for action. Understands and follows internal processes to respond to customer needs. Suggests improvements or issues with processes. Answers all inquiries on a timely basis.
3. Strong interpersonal, writing and presentation skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of management and audiences with diverse backgrounds and educational levels. Ability to write reports, business correspondence.
4. Ability to take independent actions and calculated risks; Respond promptly to customer needs, seek opportunities to improve processes and implements creative solutions.
5. Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that persuades positive interaction.
6. Strong analytic and research skills including the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
7. Provides full attention to what other people are saying, respectfully communicates by taking time to understand the points being made and asks questions at appropriate times to obtain clarification.
8. Excels in prioritizing daily functions and dealing with multiple deadlines and high volumes of work. Ability to work with group developing sales campaigns and realistic action plans.
9. Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas;
10. Ability to interpret information in company provided programs to identify Key Performance Indicators and utilize to enhance employee performance.
11. Computer proficiency.
Compensation and Benefits:
Mercer offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits programs provided to all eligible employees; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, medical insurance, life insurance, long-term disability and voluntary optional insurances. These plans are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K Plan
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, or mental and/or physical disability.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.