Website SOUTHLAND TRANSPORTATION
The Carrier Coordinator will oversee daily inventory management and logistics functions.
· Solicits freight from customers
· Schedules shipments to ensure delivery by promised deadlines.
· Receives orders and assigns shipments to appropriate carriers.
· Monitors and tracks freight shipments via an enterprise resource planning system.
· Assists customer service representatives with order status inquiries and special customer needs.
· Resolves delivery problems with Customer Service.
· Continuously updates Customer Service and recommends improvements to logistics director.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Extensive knowledge of FMCSA regulations and procedures.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Proficient computer skills.
· Ability to learn and adapt to new and continuously changing computer systems.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.00 – $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Logistics: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Team Lead
- Ops Manager
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.