Website Hribar Logistics
Under the direction of the Vice President of Transportation, the Inside Sales Associate–Broker is accountable for generating new business, creating client portfolio and coordinating their freight movement. Responsible for growing assigned area of business and meeting sales quotas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Accountable to meet key performance indicators (KPIs) for Operations, Sales and Business Development.
a. Key performance areas include, maintaining an operational focus on loads moved per day, following development plan for successfully meeting sales quotas, ensuring minimum number of sales calls each day and contributing to culture of success for team and own personal development
2. Develop and maintain partnerships with shipping clients and vendors across the country through cold calling prospects generated by external lead sources
3. Identify client shipping needs and obstacles, then create and execute custom solutions for client
4. Identify available carriers, negotiate rates, manage carrier relationships, track in-transit shipments when necessary
5. Utilize market research to identify trends, threats, and opportunities within markets to best serve our carriers and customers
6. Develop warm leads and make follow up call to prospects
7. Overcome objections of prospective customers
8. Maintain daily customer relationships on assigned accounts, acting as primary contact and re-directing to other departments as needed
9. Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated work experience in transportation/logistics field, preferred
· One year of business-to-business sales experience, preferred
· Experience in transportation and/or brokerage sales, strongly preferred
· Ability to bring book of business, preferred
· Requires competitive mindset, hunter mentality and positive, proactive attitude
· Team and customer-first approach to work
· Ability to develop a creative approach to overcoming obstacles
· Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
· Excellent customer facing and service skills
· Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, executives and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions of customer requirements. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Requires the ability to operate various office equipment to include a computer, voice mail, copier, fax, and calculator. Requires the ability to operate various software such as word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop or kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, usually waist high, up to 50 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $30,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.