HTR Logistics National Freight Broker Job Description:
HTR Logistics is looking for a service-minded freight broker to act as a liaison between customers and freight carriers. The freight broker will secure new accounts, expedite the sharing of information and documentation between customers and carriers, and communicate with dispatchers and drivers to track the status of loads. You will negotiate contracts with carriers in a manner that optimizes profits.
You will be expected to serve the company and complete your duties as per the company and government guidelines. You must plan and coordinate the pickup and delivery schedules besides working with various Shippers, Carriers, and Dispatchers to manage multiple programs. The freight broker also needs to keep track and report the shipment status.
To ensure success in this position, you need to maintain current knowledge of freight carrier services and be effective in attracting new customers and ensuring customer retention. Being customer-oriented and can multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment is an absolute must.
Freight Broker Responsibilities:
- Generating leads, attracting new prospects, and developing a sales pipeline
- Providing customers with shipping quotes
- Collaborating with shippers, carriers and dispatchers to manage scheduled pickups and deliveries
- Assisting to prepare carriers for loads
- Identifying and selecting reputable and safe carriers for freight services
- Ensuring that freight paperwork is completed and approved before transportation
- Booking orders with carriers
- Tracking and reporting shipment status to customers
- Keeping accurate records of relevant activities
- Managing multiple deliveries, processing spot requests and developing new sales strategies to improve business
- Maintaining current knowledge of market trends in transportation marketplace.
- Resolving freight discrepancies in a timely manner
- Responding to customer concerns and queries professionally
- Maintaining positive and productive relationship with customers
- Maintaining strong relationships with multiple carriers
- Negotiating contract and pricing agreements with carriers in which optimizes profits for HTR Logistics
- Contacting current and potential customers for new business opportunities
Freight Broker Requirements:
- High School Diploma required, College Degree Preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years of work experience in a similar role
- Established book of business preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced proficiency with use of DAT, Truckstop, and other load boards
- Superior problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Outstanding people skills
- Phenomenal negotiating skills
- Exceptional demonstrated ability to meet sales targets
Performance Feedback Reviews:
Management will conduct performance reviews every 3 months. This is to ensure that employees stay focused and motivated on all job responsibilities as well as to ensure feedback is relevant and timely. Reviews will create the benefit of concerns being raised early and adjustments are made accordingly.
Why work with HTR Logistics?
HTR Logistics is a cutting edge, non asset based, third party logistics provider, specialized in providing cohesive operations, warehousing, and transportation services that can be scaled and customized to any customer's needs. We constantly aim to go beyond common logistics and offer value added services that allow us to seamlessly coordinate with our customer's supply chain.
HTR was founded on the DNA of one foremost characteristic, honest upfront communication. In an industry where communication is the keystone to success, HTR ingrains into our team that we will set ourselves apart by constantly placing ourselves in the position of our customers.
We also firmly believe in taking care of our employees. As an employee of HTR, you will receive free healthcare. We also offer dental, vision, free life insurance, long term disability, short term disability, competitive 401k matching, PTO, and much more. We value our team, because if it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be here!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $300,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Prescription drug insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Commission pay
- Monday to Friday
- Freight Broker: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person