Seeking a highly motivated freight agent with broker or dispatching experience and the ability to work independently. All applicants should have working knowledge of the load movement processes with a minimum 1 year’s experience in the transportation industry. Position will also require an open line of communication that is considered reasonable to clients.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Agent must conduct brokering activity in accordance with accepted (FMCSA) practices
- Agent will find customers/shippers and carriers and negotiate their own rates
- Creating and maintaining positive relationships with clients
- Posting and updating freight load boards
- Maintaining direct lines of communication with drivers and customers to their benefit
- Bidding lanes and negotiating rates with shippers and truck drivers
- Set load appointments with customers
- Create rate confirmations within our TMS software
- Dispatch loads with drivers and follow up to make sure drivers are running on time
- Maintain contact with drivers throughout their shifts and address any routing issues they might have
- Keeping track of multiple trucks
- Update customers on the status of their deliveries including any delays that occur
- Answer calls from delivery drivers and relay any emergencies they have to the appropriate channels
- Prompt submission of all PODs, carrier invoices, and other documents to the appropriate departments
Based on experience, there will be an initial 40/60% commission split with the opportunity to advance to the current average scale. After a 45 day probationary period, the commision split will be reviewed and adjusted accordingly.
Position allows complete flexibility. Position requires ability to negotiate rates and identify current rates. Apply to get started today.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $30,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Do you have your own book of business?
- freight brokering: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Remote
$30,000 – $100,000 a year
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!