The Karl Gross group is an international freight forwarding and logistics service provider. Our roots go back to 1876 when Karl Gross was founded close to Bremen, Germany.
Nowadays, Karl Gross is active and present in many countries of the world and provides freight forwarding and logistics services according to the corporate motto “Better logistics for you”.
Specialized teams cater to the individual needs of our clients. We take on our clients’ logistics challenges and create tailor-made solutions.
Some challenges are bigger than others. Our way of meeting these is out-of-the-box-thinking leading to favorable solutions for our customers. Our basis: profound education and vast professional knowledge of our team members allowing them to work independently.
- Build new and/ or expand existing carrier relationships (Drayage/ Dry Van/ LTL/ Flatbed/ Stepdeck/ RGNs/ Lowboys/ OOG/ overweight or similar) with management directions
- Verifying carriers meet corporate safety, operational and quality requirements
- Create/maintain carrier list with profiles
- Negotiate pricing with carriers
- Inside sales incl. quoting out for trucking cost and also international seafreight/airfreight import/export costs
- Cover loads for daily import/export shipments
- Sign company up on load boards and actively posting loads and contact carriers to cover
- loads in a timely manner
- Send and receive all proper documentation before releasing loads to carriers
- Set up new carriers in our system and keep them on file
- Data input/ logging files;
- High school degree required;
- 5 years in active truck brokerage (required), import/export operation experience (preferred)
- Strong Understanding of truck brokerage market and DOT regulations
- Strong organizational skills and must be able to multi-task.
- Able to work well in a team.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience in using and navigating CargoSoft software is a plus;
- Attention to detail and excellent oral and written skills required, customer service experience required;
Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
At Karl Gross Logistics (USA), Inc. you will be part of a young, motivated, multicultural and flexible team. Our company has offices all over the world and you will get the chance to interact with people from all over the world.
We also offer:
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off: Holiday, Vacation and Sick
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401k Plan + Matching Contributions
We will ask you to pass a background check and we will also ask you to provide 3 references who can confirm 5 years experience with truck brokerage.
Karl Gross Logistics (USA), Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!