Website Hitch Pin Logistics
Position Purpose: This person contributes to the success of Hitch Pin Logistics, LLC, by connecting shippers/customers with experienced carriers to achieve satisfactory results. As an experienced sales agent/account manager, this Individual will generate sales and develop strong relationships with customers and carriers, obtain and negotiate competitive rates, and work with a carrier to book and administer the load. In addition, the employee contributes to the success of Hitch Pin through ongoing collaboration with managers, peers, co-workers, customers, and carriers.
- Communicates and supports the Company’s mission, vision, and core values .
- Personal commitment to ensure corporate goals are met on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis .
- Perform freight services according to company and government regulations .
- Develop, establish, and maintain relationships with carriers in the truckload and less than truckload marketplace .
- Identify, source, and procure new carrier relationships
- Establish internal relationships within peers to expand your book of business .
- Manage carrier network to ensure proper levels of service and safety .
- Utilize data driven resources to make Informed decisions .
- Maintain continuous communication with carriers and customers to ensure a high-quality freight movement process . Ensure all parties are informed of route changes, delays, freight concerns, or other issues, as necessary .
- Schedule pickup and delivery appointment times .
- Accurately maintain and update information in the company’s operating systems .
- Conduct research in available databases for potential leads and make cold calls to prospects .
- Track back-end billing and invoicing to ensure that carrier charges are accurate •
- Always maintain overall awareness of operations .
- Complies with Hitch Pin policies and procedures as published, and which may be modified from time to time .
- Uses good judgment, discretion, and integrity to review, research and resolve issues. Considers all factors and takes appropriate action, making good decisions that contribute to success, and the achievement of Hitch Pin objectives. Makes decisions regarding matters of importance, including decisions regarding complex issues that have been elevated.
- Willingly completes other duties and takes on special projects as assigned or as necessary
- High School diploma or equivalent, vocational or three (3) plus years of related experience in freight brokering, freight sales, or transportation industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of DOT requirements and the FMCSA is preferred.
- Experience using TruckStop.com and ITS Dispatch TMS or similar is preferred.
- Firm grasp of shipping equipment, types of trucks, and industry segments knowledge is helpful.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook, and other applications used by Company.
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.