Website EDW Freight Management & Logistics
Seeking highly motivated agent with experience specific to military/DOD freight and the ability to work independently. All applicants should have working knowledge of load movement processes with a minimum 1 year’s experience in the field of military freight logistics. Position will also require an open line of communication that is considered reasonable to clients.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Creating and maintaining positive relationships with clients
- Posting and updating freight load boards
- Maintaining direct lines of communication with drivers and customers to their benefit
- Bidding lanes and negotiating rates with shippers and truck drivers
- Set load appointments with customers
- Create rate confirmations within our TMS software
- Dispatch loads with drivers and follow up to make sure drivers are running on time
- Maintain contact with drivers throughout their shifts and address any routing issues they might have
- Keeping track of multiple trucks
- Update customers on the status of their deliveries including any delays that occur
- Answer calls from delivery drivers and relay any emergencies they have to the appropriate channels
- Prompt submission of all PODs, carrier invoices, and other documents to the appropriate departments
Based on experience, there will be an intial 40/60% commission split with the opportunity to advance to the current average scale. After a 45 day probationary period, the commision split will be reviewed and adjusted accordingly.
Position allows complete flexibility. Position requires ability to negotiate rates and identify current rates. Apply to get started today.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $30,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Commodity & Equipment Codes for GFM Website: 1 year (Required)
- Military Freight Brokering: 1 year (Required)
- Submitting Load Tenders & Spot Bids: 1 year (Required)
- DoD ECA (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.