Website Direct Connect Logistix
Be a part of our growth in our new and modern Nashville office. Apply today and join the team!
Direct Connect Logistix is a nation-wide 3PL company headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Since 2009, we have committed to our promise of delivering every shipment on time, every time – no matter what. That is why we hire the best people, inject tons of energy into our culture, and empower our people to make great things happen for our customers.
If you believe you have the grit, hustle and determination to join a rapid growing logistics company that rewards your hard work and is committed to your success, then we encourage you to read more about becoming a Freight Broker with DCL.
What you will do:
Our freight brokers prospect and close sales opportunities to build their individual book of business and earn a healthy commission on their weekly margin. An ability to establish rapport with customers, understand industry market trends and be a self-starter are essential qualities for this role. Our top performers are eager to make sales calls, prove to have a passion for superior customer service and can recognize when we need to push our clients’ expectations. A typical day might consist of:
- Prospecting and calling on customers to build individual book of business; maintaining relationships with customers, load coordinators, planners, and others responsible for tendering freight
- Develop and grow existing accounts by successful rate negotiation, effectively pricing proposals, and providing strategic solutions to customers
- Develop new accounts through inside sales; specifically, through industry referrals, prospecting, social media, and business to business selling
- Find carriers to cover loads, track/trace and enter orders in our TMS system
- Provide superior customer service by addressing concerns and offering solutions for both established and prospective customers
- Execute against goals which are in line with 1st year revenue projections
Who you are:
- College graduate preferred, high school diploma required
- At least 1 year in high volume sales or an equivalent position. Freight brokerage experience is preferred.
- Build and maintain customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization
- Focus on results, competitive in nature and internally driven to reach success
- Ability to communicate in person effectively and professionally, over the phone, and in writing
- Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve difficult or complicated challenges
- Build constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect
- Have a work hard-play hard mentality and are highly energetic and enthusiastic
Why choose DCL?
- We sweeten the deal for high performers with a lucrative, uncapped commission structure
- We give you all the training and prospecting tools you need to be successful as a freight broker.
- We offer Comprehensive Benefits Package, community involvement opportunities & other voluntary benefits
- We offer a 401(K) Plan with a Company match
- We wear what we want, with our informal dress code
- We believe in providing opportunity for growth and advancement for outstanding performers
- We like to work hard and play hard – join an energetic, fun, and team-oriented culture
- Work in a beautiful modern, downtown office that includes Free parking
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00-$60,000.00 (based on experience) + commission
Our average freight broker makes $80k-$150k/year after commission.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Logistics: 1 year (Preferred)
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.