Website Midwest Transport
Midwest Transport of KC Inc is a growing and dynamic family owned and operated trucking and transport company located in Kansas City, Kansas. We serve both local and national clients with a variety of Broker, Tow, Transportation and Logistics services. The Company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform.
We are looking for a service-minded, experienced freight broker to act as a liaison between our customers and freight carriers. The freight broker will secure new accounts, expedite the sharing of information and documentation between customers and carriers, and communicate with dispatchers and drivers to track the status of loads. You will negotiate contracts with carriers in a manner that optimizes profits.
To ensure success in this position you need to maintain current knowledge of freight carrier services and be effective in attracting new customers and ensuring customer retention. Top applicants are customer-oriented and have the ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Freight Broker Responsibilities:
- Generating leads and attracting new prospects and developing a sales pipeline.
- Identifying and selecting reputable and safe carriers for freight services.
- Providing customers with shipping quotes.
- Booking orders with carriers.
- Assisting to prepare carriers for loads.
- Tracking status of loads.
- Collaborating with shippers, carriers, and dispatchers to manage scheduled collections and drop-offs.
- Keeping accurate records of relevant activities.
- Updating customers on the status of shipments and assisting with other inquiries.
- Maintaining current knowledge of market trends in the transportation marketplace.
Freight Broker Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 2+ years of work experience in a similar role.
- Established book of business preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Proficient negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet sales targets.
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.