Website BASE Carriers
BASE Carriers is looking for an experienced freight broker that is looking to bring their book of business.
BASE is a young, fun, and growing asset based freight brokerage built on the core value of bringing excellent service and communication to our customers. Standing by these core values has allowed us to grow from $0 in 2017 to over $40 Million in revenue in 2022. Much of this growth has come from internal organic growth of increasing business and receiving referrals from our current customers from the ease and success of our operations.
If you are a Broker looking to grow your book of business and expand exponentially with a company who is averaging a year over year growth of 171% then BASE is the place for you!
As a BASE Broker, you are teaming up with an operations team of experts to handle the day to day operations of your freight. Being an asset based brokerage with a fleet of over 30 trucks, our team understands how carriers work which allows us to successfully work with and manage carriers at service level underheard of in the brokerage world of freight.
Most brokerages say they move freight more efficiently than others and that is the phrase they throw around. But what does moving freight efficiently really mean? The BASE Freight Experience includes being competitively priced, providing customers with updates on their freight before they ask for it, delivering the freight safely and on-time, invoicing quickly and correctly, and striving to be better and better on each and every load. The customer shouldn’t have to think or worry about us because they know we will be there.
Not only is our operations team consisting of experts, but it is managed and ran by owners of the company. You know your book of business is in good hands when it comes down to the owners to make sure your freight is delivered safely and on-time!
Carriers have great benefits working with BASE as well! The owners of BASE previously sold and exited a business in the transportation & logistics sector. This allows BASE to have a very large cash backing. We offer in-house quick pay of next day to carriers which many brokerages outside of the bigger corporations can not offer to their carriers. BASE can also work with all factoring companies. This offers a great experience for carriers working for our brokerage because they can get paid quickly to allow them to cash flow their operations. 92% of our daily loads across the country are done by repeat carriers.
Requirements of Freight Broker
- Desire and drive to win and provide customers with the best possible freight experience
- Great communication and people skills to work not only with customers but to interact and communicate with the BASE TEAM
- Logistics and Freight experience required
- Only have to be able to use email. No excel, microsoft, or any other software use is required in this position
- An existing book of business is highly recommended but not required
Benefits of working with BASE
- You do not have to be good at excel or software systems. Our business model is built for you to sell and grow your book of business with back end nuances being handled and managed by our team and systems.
- Working with owners of the company daily to provide your customers the best experience possible
- 24 hour operational team consisting of over 8 people to manage the day to day operations of booking your freight with reliable carriers, verify the key arrival times and check points along the way, and making sure your customer is satisfied with our the freight experience of using BASE.
- Automatic load update reports sent to your customers multiple times throughout the day. This allows your customers to get the transparency they need at the fingertips at all times so you can focus on growing your book of business.
- Experienced sales team with over 30 years of sales experience in the transportation industry and across other industries to help you grow your book of business with new sales practices and strategies.
- Technology driver company that uses tech to streamline the process of receiving and order all the way through invoice the customer and paying the carrier in house
- Transparency and visibility to your profitability reports so you understand how much you’re making per load, which lanes you are lacking and the lanes you are crushing to help make you more money!
- Remote position with no hours requirements. This is not a desk job, you have the flexibility to work when it works best for you not for us.
- Being backed and supported by the BASE TEAM which is looking to grow
Freight Broker Job Details
- 50-65% commission on gross profit (Customer Rate – Carrier Rate). Varies based on experience.
- Experienced brokers with an existing book of business will receive 65% commissions.
- No cap on commissions
- Monday to Friday (Flexible hours and days)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 – $500,000.00 per year
- Choose your own hours
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Do you have your own book of business already?
- Freight: 2 years (Preferred)
- Logistics: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.