Website XPO Logistics
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, exceptional customer service is at the heart of our success. As the Field Dispatcher, you will plan freight, maximize driver utilization and solve problems to help us deliver outstanding logistics solutions to our customers. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build an exciting career.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Communicate with customers, potential customers, owner-operators and core carriers
- Plan and execute customer deliveries
- Monitor the location of the fleet using system tracking or calling drivers for check calls
- Proactively communicate with customers on any potential service failures and create action plans to avoid issues in the future
- Execute legging/street turn/empty repositioning functionality in Rail Optimizer
- Manage equipment, including chassis and containers
- Maintain proper records and ensure information is executed correctly and on time
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
It’d be great if you also have:
- 1 year of experience in an operations or dispatch environment
- 2 years of logistics or transportation experience
- Strong analytical, communication and time management skills
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.xpo.com.