Website Griffin Transportation and Logistics
Grand Rapids Based company is currently seeking an experienced professional Full time Freight Transportation Broker. The successful candidate will have prior experience in carrier procurement and freight brokerage operations.
Duties and responsibilities include:
· Manage/Identify customers’ day-to-day shipping needs (dispatching load assignments),
· Provide excellent customer service while problem solving.
· Manage multiple customer shipments simultaneously (multitasker)
· Continuously contact new carriers to expand capacity options and obtain rate quotes to negotiate freight rates with carriers.
· Utilize online load boards to acquire carriers at good rates.
· Schedule all aspects of pick up/delivery with shipper, consignee and carrier.
· Effectively track shipment status through various methods (phone, online, e-mail, EDI to TMS, etc.) and be able to follow up via phone with end user for delivery confirmation and details.
· Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and profitability, solicit outside freight commitments.
· Develop and maintain professional carrier relationships.
· Verify accuracy of freight billing and dispute discrepancies accordingly,
· Assist drivers with routing and other needs or questions.
· Monitor carrier movement from shipper to receiver to ensure load is delivered on time and in the intended condition.
· Follow up on service failures and take corrective measures, respond effectively to high volume of communications daily, any other duties as assigned
· Experienced: At least 3 years of experience in freight brokerage and trucking business with proven success.
· High School Diploma/Equivalency
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Simple IRA, and LTD benefits provided
· Bonus potential
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be able to efficiently use computer systems.
· Must be highly organized and proficient.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
We are complying with all CDC and State of Michigan recommendations and mandates.
- Broker: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Ops Manager
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Company’s Facebook page:
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.