Website Hazel’s Expedited Freight
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time W2 employee position. The starting salary for this position will depend on the experience level of the candidate.
In addition to compensation, employee will receive access to Company Benefits including:
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- 401k Plan (with eligible company matches)
- Medical Insurance (cost shared between employer and employee)
- Life Insurance (company paid)
- Disability (company paid)
- Dental Insurance (employee paid)
- Vision Insurance (employee paid)
- Cancer Insurance (employee paid)
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Summary of Experience and Education
- College degree preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous Dispatch experience is required.
- Knowledge of Xcelerator software system is a major advantage
- Previous experience in phone-based Customer Service is required
- Previous experience in office administration is a “plus”
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment is preferred
- Experience with Heavy Haul, Broker Boards, and Permits all a major advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Documentation Skills
- Data Entry Skills
- Telephone Skills
- Informing Others, Listening, Verbal Communication
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to operate a dolly, forklift, hand trucks and pallet jacks is preferred (but not required)
- Ability to read and interpret maps
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms or other related documents
- Effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Consistently at work and on time
- No drug/alcohol related incidents
Hazel’s is interested in hiring a Full-Time Dispatcher to work 40 hours a week. The shift will be 8am-5pm Monday through Friday.
Dispatcher must work with current Dispatching team to get trained. Training period may be different than permanent hours. Training will last several weeks. Candidate will be compensated during training.
Summary of Key Responsibilities – **Must include your Resume **
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Answer incoming customer calls in a polite and professional manner
- Capture delivery/load information from the customer
- Quickly and efficiently input delivery information into Hazel’s software application (a third-party software application customized for delivery companies – called Xcelerator)
- Independently make decisions to select the appropriate equipment type for transport
- Independently make decisions to select the appropriate Driver to make the delivery
- Contact and dispatch the Driver by providing pickup and drop off information
- Provide directions to Drivers when necessary
- Stay in close contact with Drivers throughout deliveries and troubleshoot any problems that may arise
- Field customer calls and answer any questions that arise
- Take verbal Proof of Delivery (POD) information from the Drivers and provide that information to Customers as requested
- Respond to incoming faxes and emails to enter in Dispatch loads
- When necessary, pull parts out of our warehouse to provide to Drivers for local delivery
- Assist in office and administrative functions including data entry, invoice processing, filing, etc.
- Protect organization’s reputation by keeping pricing, promotion, purchase order, and credit-limit information confidential
- Present self in a clean and professional manner at all time
- Work in warehouse on an as needed basis
- When not dispatching, looking for and booking backhauls for Drivers
- Assisting our Logistics Department with brokering of loads as necessary
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit staff-hazels.icims.com.