- Schedule vehicles and drivers for fixed route service; cover open shifts on short notice when necessary.
- Working knowledge of basic office equipment, such as phone, fax, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products – Word and Excel.
- Responsible for being at work every scheduled day, on time and in uniform.
- Courteously assist customers and employees alike by answering any questions they may have. If necessary, direct the customer to the Facility Manager for further assistance.
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the Facility Manager.
- Facilitate monthly driver meetings, company training requirements, and changes to daily operating procedures as necessary. Have a thorough knowledge of all areas of field operations, thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the service area.
- Assist Facility Managers with other duties as needed.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to change frequently between a sitting and standing position. The employee is required to use a phone or two-way radio.
Additional Information: Hourly Rate: $14.00
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.