Website Republic Services
POSITION SUMMARY: A Dispatcher is responsible for the coordination of the utilization of drivers, trucks and containers to create capacity, maximize productivity and ensure prompt, courteous and efficient service to all customers.
- Ensure maximum productivity by achieving or exceeding Company-established goals by successfully routing vehicles.
- Assign loads to drivers based on designated routes and driver location.
- Prepare, update and dispense the daily route schedule.
- Gather and maintain route sheet documentation for pick-ups (scheduled, missed, extra pick ups), route completions and driver locations.
- Ensure route completion via the driver check-in process.
- Courteously interact with customers, as required.
- Report driver performance issues or concerns to appropriate management for resolution.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned..
- Experience in a customer-facing position.
- Two years of prior experience working as a dispatcher preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.