Website Smithfield Foods
The Dispatcher utilizes trucks, drivers and product to ensure the timely, complete and accurate delivery of feed by performing the essential duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors drivers on duty and coordinates trucks for efficient feed delivery.
- Schedule Feed Haul loads according to priority and available equipment.
- Works with garage on prioritizing repairs.
- Maintains excellent communication between all departments.
- Receives incoming calls from farms & drivers. Handles issues accordingly.
- Logs all issues that pertain to transportation and production.
- Monitors Samsura for on-time tracking and departure.
- Work closely with feed coordination to dispatch and assign loads.
- Responsible for being in compliance with all policies and procedures which Smithfield Hog Production subscribes (to include environmental and safety policies).
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Report all environmental issues immediately to their supervisor.
- Read and understand the company’s emergency notification process and will be responsible for reviewing that policy at their work site.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment with limited supervision.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Software.
- Previous dispatch experience is preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. Day, night and weekend work required
Join the growing community of 1700+ military veterans working at Smithfield Foods!
Production employees at Smithfield Foods help deliver Good Food, Responsibly to America’s dinner table. Production team members at Smithfield perform jobs such as general labor, machine operator, lead, and supervisory roles. Military Veterans have shown to be a great fit in these roles across the country.
Smithfield Salutes, our Veterans Business Resource Group, is working to make the transition from military to civilian life a seamless one for you and your family. We encourage military veterans to apply for any job at Smithfield Foods that matches your ability to lead, fix, problem solve, fix or create. For more information visit: www.smithfieldfoods.com/veterans.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit smithfield.taleo.net.